Hi there! Long time no blog!
I'm switching gears from making jewelry. I just got tired of the hassle that comes with having a sellers license. I can't get the good stuff without it so there will be little to no jewelry in my immediate futute. Don't fret though, I haven't abandoned all creative outlets so I'll be using this blog to showcase some of them. I will be participating in my once yearly boutique sale in November so I've started thinking of the things I want to make for that. Like I said, I'm switching gears and doing a lot of sewing. My machine is getting a workout this weekend. In addition to sewing fabrics I'm also playing with sewing paper. Yesterday I tried my first stab at making garlands out of paper circles. They are so fun! I went through my paper stash and decided to make myself one for the 4th of July. Today I decided to start on something that will be for the sale in November, who doesn't want to work on something Christmas themed when it's hot outside?! Anyhow, enjoy the pics.
These are so easy to make, and they can be used for just about anything! I picture the Christmas ones going on a tree, or swagged on a mantelpiece. I hope to make birthday ones that would be great for parties, and halloween ones and ones that are not themed and would just be cute as a home decoration. They would be cute swagged on a bookshelf or over a bed. They could even be hung vertically with a bunch next to each other in lieu of a curtain!
No comments:
Post a Comment